Your Community Foundation is particularly interested in funding:
• Projects that enhance the quality of life for residents of Edwardsville Community Unit School District 7.
• Projects that are not adequately funded by existing community resources.
• Projects which leverage other funds and resources.
• Projects which facilitate cooperation between tax-exempt community organizations.
• Projects which provide benefits for many residents.
Your Community Foundation’s Grant Review Committee and Board of Directors are guided by the following guidelines when making grants:
- Grants will be made only to tax exempt community organizations (qualified to receive tax deductible contributions).
- Grants will be made for projects that focus on: arts and culture, health and human services, civic improvement and environment, education and youth.
- More than one grant per applicant each year is not favored.
- Grants will not be made for the following, unless there are compelling reasons:
- Operating budgets
- Basic municipal services
- Basic educational functions
- Previously incurred debts
- Sectarian religious programs
- Low priority is given to requests that benefit groups such as school classes, clubs, orchestras or teams.
- Because the General Fund is limited, grants awarded may be less than the requested amount and will not exceed $5,000.
- Grant applications received by April 30 will be reviewed in May, and grant applications received by October 30 will be reviewed in November.
Grant Application Form
If you are interested in applying for a Grant from the Greater Edwardsville Area Community Foundation please download the following application.